Friday, February 19, 2010

FIRST TIME BLOGGING

I am halfway through my weight loss journey.  I have lost about 35 pounds and I have about 35 more to go.  I m feeling very good about the weight I have lost so far, and I am very anxious to lose the remaining weight. 

I started in October 2009 with a weight of 228 - the highest I had ever been without being 9 months pregnant.   I began going to weekly personal training appointments with my neighbor, Lisa, and I ate smaller portions and avoided snacking.  I lost some weight, maintained around the holidays, lost some more weight and have sort of plateaued where I am now.  After a couple weeks doing the same routine with no real weight loss, I really kicked up the exercise.  I expected to lose another 10 pounds atleast just by upping the exercise so much.  I went from only one exercise session a week to  daily workouts - not sissy ones either, workouts that ended up with me red-faced, sweating like crazy and panting.  I did strenuous cardio at the gym, kick boxing classes and weight training at home.  After 2 weeks of constant butt-kicking exercise every day, my weight actually went up a few pounds.  So, this past week I managed to find excuses why I could not exercise each day. 

Now here I am, having just flipped through a weight loss/maintenance book, following their advice  and starting a weight loss blog to gain support for the remainder of my weight loss journey. 

Tomorrow I will get back on track with the exercise, I have a kick boxing class in the morning and I will not miss it.  (One of the benefits the book stated about blogging your weight loss - makes you accountable for your actions-----I have to go to that class no matter what since I will need to report back here wether or not I did!)

Here's to 35 down and 35 to go!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!! Don't give up!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,

    Congrats on your weight loss so far! I think blogging is a great way to work though the mental and emotional aspects of weight loss. You also gain a TREMENDOUS support group, full of others who are going through the same exact things you are. The weight loss blogging community is compassionate, intelligent, supportive and just simply amazing!
    To make the most of your blogging, I would suggest the following:
    Write about anything and everything! Share yourself, your struggles, your triumphs. If you find something new, tell us what you think of it. This is truly the place to let it all hang out!
    Read other blogs and comment - a lot. The best way to build up a following is to write great content and comment on other people's blogs. Plus, you'll be amazed at the incredible blogs that are out there - I've learned soooo much from reading a lot of weight loss blogs.
    Have fun! Have a sense of humor, and give yourself a break. Losing weight is HARD - if it was easy, there would be no fat people, lol! Just remember we're all here to support you, and to cheer you on.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the great advice Jenn!

    ReplyDelete